Welcome

Welcome to my Writing blog. If you're interested in my comments about "My Favorite Things," my articles for yourLDSneighborhood.com, and Life in general, click here. For a direct link to my website, click rondahinrichsen.com.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

What She Did Right: Uniqueness (The Hitler Dilemma by Carolyn Frank) by Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen





Since there are only a set number of story lines in the world, authors struggle to find unique ways to share their stories with their readers. Some utilize wondrous settings or give characters extraordinary abilities. Others shock or mystify. I mix ideas together and see what comes out. But I'm happy to report that Carolyn Frank has incorporated one of my favorite methods in her latest historical novel, The Hitler Dilemma. It is based on the true story of Max Adam, a German soldier who did not agree with Hitler, but because he was a German citizen, had to fight Hitler's war. I've heard and studied a lot about WWII over the years, and I can't remember ever hearing the story from that particular point of view. For that reason alone, I applaud Carolyn Frank's work. But I must also say that this frequently heart-wrenching story is likewise poignant and insightful. Read it. You won't regret it. 

3 comments:

Carolyn Twede Frank said...

Ronda, I loved your insights on my book. They were well thought out and expressed. Thanks so much!!!

Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen said...

You're very welcome. :)And, as I said, well done.

Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen said...

You're very welcome. :)And, as I said, well done.