Welcome

Welcome to my Writing blog. If you're interested in my comments about "My Favorite Things," my articles for yourLDSneighborhood.com, and Life in general, click here. For a direct link to my website, click rondahinrichsen.com.

Friday, June 26, 2009

I've Submitted my Revisions

As you know, I've been a bit absent in the blogging arena because I've been furiously rewriting my novel, Missing, per my editor's concerns. I sent it to her on Wednesday night (actually Thursday morning) at 1:00 a.m. My goal had been to submit it that day, so I stayed up until I completed it. Yay! I'm now waiting for her and her co-worker's responses. So far, they've mentioned they like my "new" beginning, which is actually a prologue I'd previously edited out of my book, so I hope that's a good sign. This will be my 4th full rewrite of this novel. I guess I should expect stuff like this since this is the book I've "learned" on, but let me tell ya, I've been over the same story and the same words so many times I'm not sure I can see it subjectively anymore. One bit of writing advice I've heard over the years is that you should work and rework your novel until you've done everything you know to do, and you're sick of it. I've been at that point a few times now. I guess we'll see what happens.

As far as my second book goes, I've finally completed the final chapter. It is a romantic-suspense novel, like Missing, but also includes a hint of fantasy. Everyone who knows anything about this book loves it. Hopefully, once I find a publisher, etc., you will, too.

I know I still have some scenes to adjust, some details to include, and some overall editing to do, but I'm grateful to be at this point. My next goal for it is to begin drumming up interest in it through contests, etc., while I edit. So, back to writing.

1 comment:

Joyce DiPastena said...

Ronda,
I counted it up, and the version of Illuminations of the Heart I turned into Walnut Springs Press was my 8th draft. So don't feel bad at 4. You may indeed be sick of it, but each draft is truly only that much better.