Welcome

Welcome to my Writing blog. If you're interested in my comments about "My Favorite Things," my articles for yourLDSneighborhood.com, and Life in general, click here. For a direct link to my website, click rondahinrichsen.com.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Scheduling My First Book Signing

Today I did something I've never done before: I "scheduled" my first book signing for Missing in a book store. I was nervous, but I prepared ahead of time by searching the Internet for information about book signings, creating a temporary business card (I don't want to have an official one printed 'til I get my book cover), and by talking to a good friend of mine, Josi Kilpack, who had previously held effective book signings there.

As luck would have it, however, about an hour or so before I'd planned on stopping in at the store, my nerves started building. I wish I wouldn't get so nervous all the time. You'd think that with as many times as I've sung solos and spoken in public I wouldn't be so suseptible to nerves, but I am. Pitifully enough.

Anyway, before I walked into the store, I told myself the owner would want me to do a signing, that everything would go well; and I was right. In truth, I was pleasantly surprised with how accommodating and informative he was. He was the first person I saw when I walked in (I've shopped there several times before and knew who he was), and he was very responsive to my questions and requests. He also offered a promotional opportunity I hadn't expected. The name of the store is Reflections of Utah, and it is located on main street in Brigham City, UT. I hope to see you there when I know more about the exact release date!

As if my first signing wasn't enough to smile about! When I returned home, I sent an e-mail to my editor, Linda Prince, at Leatherwood Press/Walnut Springs Press, telling her about the signing, and she replied with more good news: she's currently editing my book--It had very few flaws, she said--and she should have the edits to me in a few days. Yay!

As a final note, I've also created a new blog. It will deal exclusively with Missing.

No comments: