I've been feeling a little blue the last couple of days. I know I should be "Over the Top!" with excitement about the release of MISSING--and I am--but I'm nervous , too. It reminds me a bit of when I was the soprano soloist for our local presentation of THE MESSIAH. I felt honored and excited by that opportunity, but so nervous that I'd mess up. No matter how many times I perform, or have performed over the years, I still get nervous. I usually calm down after I get into whatever it is I'm doing--speaking, singing, or performing in some other way, but I haven't yet overcome my initial nerves. Se-la-vi. Sigh.
Anyway, I'm telling you this because I wanted you to see how grateful I was that Josi had awarded and "tagged" me today. Her kindness boosted my spirits, but I have to say . . . whew, that's a lot of questions! But I'll give it my best shot--from the hip. :)
1. Where is your cell phone? In my purse. The problem is, it's on silent, so I'll never know if someone calls me. One of my issues. :)
2. Your hair? Basically clean, but it hasn't been combed since before I went to church this morning.
3. My mother? Beside herself with excitement that my book is coming out.
4. Your father? Calm, wise, good.
5. Favorite food? Way too many to choose from. But the "healthy" one is Maddox's seafood salad.
6. Your dream last night? I was stepping on bugs in a basement, when a daddy long leg suddenly became aggressive and came after me. I ran. It became a boy that looked like Opey Taylor on "Andy Griffith," but still it chased me. I tried to get out of the room, but the door was locked. Finally, the boy shoved a stick that looked like a wand into my gut and held out a daddy long leg. I looked away, but when I looked back, the boy was turning into a giant spider. I woke up then, thank goodness. Hmm. I wonder if I can use this in a fantasy novel?
7. Favorite drink? Mine's boring, like Josi's. It's water.
8. Your dream/goal? A happy family where we've all reached our personal goals.
9. What room are you in? The computer room.
10. Your hobby? Music, reading, watching old movies.
11. Your fear? Heights
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? With my family in our "finished" house.
13. Where were you last night? At home.
14. Something you aren't. Perfect.
15. Muffins? Too many to choose from, but I usually choose blueberry.
16. Wish list item? Updated software.
17. Where did you grow up? Rexburg
18. Last thing you did? Played Uno with my daughter for FHE.
19. What are you wearing? Blue sweats, green t-shirt covered by a black sweater, blue flip-flops. This is definitely not something to be proud of. Just comfortable. :)
20. Your tv? In the other room. Sadly, it's on, but on mute. What's the point in that?
21. Your pet? A dog, 4 goats, and a bunch of cows. The cows, though named, will eventually be eaten, however.
22. Your friends? Dearer to me than I can express. I wish I was better at letting people know how much I care for them.
23. Your life? Very blessed. Very hectic.
24. Your mood? As I said when I started this post, I'm both excited and nervous, and trying to hold on to that feeling inside me that says everything will be all right.
25. Missing someone? From time to time, I miss those I love but have passed on. Even yesterday, I attended the funeral of a dear "neighbor."
26. Vehicle? CNG cavalier.
27. Something you're not wearing? Socks.
28. Your favorite store? I don't have one. I hate to shop, actually. To me, it's a necessary evil, like cleaning the bathroom.
29. Your favorite color? Blue
30. When was the last time you laughed? A few minutes ago, when my daughter complained because I was winning Uno and she wasn't. I rarely win. She kept asking me what I'd done with her mother.
31. Last time you cried? Yesterday, at the funeral.
32. Your best friend? JC and ny husband.
33. One place that I go over and over? To bed. Every night. If I can help it. Seriously, though, we go to different places all the time so we can see new things.
34. One person who e-mails me regularly? Mostly just groups--facebook, Author's Inc, David Farland, critique group, etc.
35. Favorite place to eat? I have several favorites, though I don't eat out much. Tonight I'll choose--Maddox. :)
Now for the five I've tagged to receive this award:
1. Karen Hoover: For persistence, kindness, and self-assurance in the face of condescension. I won't say when and by whom, but suffice it to know, I was watching, and I was impressed.
2. Cindy Beck: She's a stalwart supporter of her fellow writers and always makes me smile. More than once I've relied on her advice.
3. Nicole Giles: Everything about her says "compassion" and "goodness." She also keeps Author's Incognito in line.
4. Heather Justesen: She has a book coming out in a couple of weeks, but one of the amazing things about her and this chance in her life is she is actively looking for ways to include others in her promotions. Very smart, very kind.
5. MICHELLE: She doesn't include her last name on her blog, so I won't add it here, but she was my laurel advisor back when I was a laurel. She loved writing, and so did I, so that was one of the things we shared. I lost track of her shortly after I married, but a year or two ago, I ran into her at an LDS Storymaker's Conference. It was so great to come so far and see we were both still plowing toward our writing goals.
Hey, you five, if you answer this tag, let me know. I really want to read your answers. Thanks.