Welcome

Welcome to my Writing blog. If you're interested in my comments about "My Favorite Things," my articles for yourLDSneighborhood.com, and Life in general, click here. For a direct link to my website, click rondahinrichsen.com.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Food for Thought

As a member of SCBWI (Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators), I receive an occasional newsletter with great quotes. Occasionally, I will share them here. This is today's "Food for Thought."

"You must keep sending work out; you must never let a manuscript do nothing but eat its head off in a drawer. You send that work out again and again, while you're working on another one. If you have talent, you will receive some measure of success - but only if you persist."~ Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

So now, do I have the "courage" to pull out some of my old stories and submit them again, or is it time to let them die as I move forward? It's a question I always struggle with answering even though I have resurrected and sold several old things. What is it, even after success, that makes us fear we still aren't good enough?
Another food for thought.

2 comments:

Cindy Beck, author said...

Ronda,
Great quote and great advice! Thanks for the pep talk!

Anna Maria Junus said...

Those rejections are hard.

I try not to focus on them and just turn around and send out again.